Tablets in construction have become a staple for running an efficient jobsite that instills clear communication from the field to the office. They eliminate the hassle of paper records and have the ability to update all decision makers immediately of what is being recorded. As any contractor knows, the jobsite and its elements are not the easiest on electronics, especially when they are being utilized daily on the front lines. Cases for tablets have come a long way in the past few years, especially in the construction sector. To help you keep your iPad protected for the long days on site, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite cases and accessories.
1. OtterBox Defender Series iPad Case ($89.95)
Sporting a built-in screen protector, a polycarbonate inner case and a rugged silicone outer layer, the OtterBox Defender wraps three protective layers around your iPad, ensuring that your device is covered from all angles. The accompanying shield stand allows you to view the screen in both landscape and portrait modes, and it holds your iPad at a natural typing angle for comfort. OtterBox offers the iPad Defender in six complimenting dual-color combinations and fits the iPad2 and the new iPad. The jacks and buttons have silicon covers that close up the openings to prevent dust and other substances from infiltrating.
- Precision design ensures all features and functions are accessible with the case on, including the microphone, speaker, headphone jack, camera and connector port
- Silicone port covers keep dust and debris out of the main openings without interfering with usability
- Shield Stand supports viewing in portrait or landscape mode and accommodates a natural typing angle
- Integrated shield stand fits on both the front and back of case
- Built-in screen protector prevents scratches and smudges while retaining the sensitivity of the touchscreen
- Durable two-piece polycarbonate inner layer snaps together to form a snug fit
- Rugged silicone outer layer wraps around the polycarbonate inner layer to create a rock-solid defense against oopsies like drops and shocks
2. Pelican Progear Vault Series ($79.95)
With its versatile cover, the new Pelican ProGear Vault for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display lets you protect your device three ways. Closed, it prevents impact to the screen and seals out dust and moisture. Open, you have the freedom of cover-free use but with impact protection and easy viewing, by flipping the cover over the back to use as a secure table stand. The Pelican ProGear is perfect for the construction site as it is designed for the military, law enforcement, and fire services industries.
- Exclusive Pelican ProGear™ Vault cover with rubber edge seal blocks out rain, snow and dust
- Aircraft grade aluminum hinge holds the cover for multiple viewing angles
- Elastomeric Copolymer rubber interior absorbs impact forces
- Optical Dragontrail™ glass on rear camera for added protection while maintaining picture clarity
- Rated IP54 for water resistance and momentary immersion
- Meets Military Specifications Test Standards 810G to survive a 4 ft/1.2m drop
3. Lifeproof Nuud Case ($90.99)
The LifeProof nüüd case wraps your iPad in complete waterproof safety—without the bulk of a screen cover. It frees you to use your iPad by the pool, at a camp site, or anywhere outside the comfort of your home or office. nüüd technology completely waterproofs your iPad and protects it from drops, while keeping it free of a bulky screen cover.
LifeProof’s CrystalClear anti-reflective coated optical-glass lens ensures that you get distortion-free photos and videos. And its dynamically designed Sound Enhancement System lets you hear your iPad audio at maximum volume and clarity.
- Waterproof your iPad—fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Screen-free cover lets you touch, see, and use iPad without obstruction
- Totally sealed from dirt and dust
- Completely protected from snow and ice
- Built to military standards to survive drops from up to 4 feet
- Includes a multi-position stand for reading, watching, or typing
- Transparent back shows off Apple personalized engraving and iPad design
- Easy-access charging port
- Large waterproof speaker ports for maximum sound output and clarity
- CrystalClear anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Every case water tested at the LifeProof factory
iPad Accessories for the Jobsite
4. OtterBox Utility Series Latch II Carrying Case ($49.95)
The utility latch is a great add on to the Defender case for the iPad Air. In addition to the hand strap built into the back, the product comes with a shoulder strap, a large Velcro strap, and a large clip for hanging the iPad in a variety of ways. All of the accessories fit nicely into a small carrying pouch that can be clipped to the latch.
The Latch carrying case is perfect for projects that require an extensive amount of electronic communication at all times. This includes email, punch list, and document referral. This Utility latch allows for the convenience of having the iPad with you at all times, but without the hassle of holding it.
- Handy set of straps extends the use of your 7”- 8” tablet
- Designed for use with the Defender Series case
- Attaches tablet to headrests and surfaces so it stays put
- Enables work and play in any situation
5. Innovative Technology Traditional Justin Power Case ($50)
Rechargeable Power Case for the iPad. Essentially, the case is a folio-style cover for the iPad 2, 3, or 4 that includes a massive 11,600 mAh battery built into the cover which you can use to charge your iPad, iPhone, iPod, or pretty much any other portable device. The case also functions as a stand for your iPad.
- Portable 11,600-mAh Rechargeable Power Case Designed for iPad 2 and Newer
- Recharge Your iPad up to 2 Times or Your iPhone up to 7 Times
- Universal USB Charges ALL devices including Apple, BlackBerry, Samsung and More
- Durable, Synthetic Leather Case with LED Power Indicators
- Keeps All Buttons, Ports and Cameras Accessible
- Built-In Battery Easily Recharges via Included Micro-USB Cable and Wall Adapter